DFA Gait Trainer Systems
The TheraTogs Ankle Dorsiflexion Assist (DFA) System can be useful to persons exhibiting calf muscle contracture - or the potential to develop a contracture - in the presence of the following problems and diagnoses:
- Cerebral palsy
- Traumatic Brain Injury – acute, post-acute, and chronic phases
- Hemiplegia due to Stroke – acute, post-acute, and chronic phases
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Congenital Equinus Deformity
- Plantar fasciitis
- Toe Walking
- Talipes Equinovarus (flexible type)
The Gait Trainer System
Recently redesigned with stronger and more durable TogRite components, the Gait Trainer can be configured for either in-shoe or outside-of-shoe wear.
Gait Trainer System benefits include:
- Simplicity – Easy to apply in minutes!
- Support (don’t supplant) – dynamic ankle motion - Use the dynamic Gait Trainer to help the user experience improved ankle motion in gait without "taking over” for the DF musculature.
- Extra clinical hands – Provide hands-free DF support and foot clearance while training your clients on treadmills – with or without partial un-weighting.
- Keep up with changes - Fine-tune the DF-assist torque to accommodate changes in ankle function over time – just by moving or removing a strap!
- Preview orthotic design – Evaluate the effectiveness of an articulated free ankle with DF-assist joints for your patient before you design, prescribe, or fabricate custom orthoses.